Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas Eve Madness

Ok. Have not been blogging for quite some days... school gona start soon, and getting busy again with work. This has been a most slack and enjoyable hols ... been like eating and eating for the past 3 weeks ... if anyone wants to know where the good high-tea places are, ask me. Haha,,
Thankfully, I don't seem to have put on too much weight, because my friends today just commented that I seemed to have lost weight again. Great, especially after I had gorged for 3 weeks.

Anyway, this Christmas Eve is the first time in these few years that my uni gang did not have our annual hosted Christmas dinner, but decided to go out and dine and shop instead. Quite a refreshing change.. I guess we all need that element of surprise and spontaneity at our age. So, ended up having tea at Conrad .. and as we were ending our session, a choir suddenly appeared at the lobby to do carolling. It turned out to be hwa chong choir, and I think a few of our old boys were in it too. Then it was pure shopping craze.

Was looking at new phones .. time to change my Sony Ericsson 700i to a new one. It's getting all shabby looking. Samsung D500 looked good - professional looking, and apparently only cost $198, and with a trade-in of my 700i, i only need pay $18. That's a great bargain! But woe on me, I saw the D600, which looked even better! That would cost $598, and after trade-in would cost bout $400 ... a bit steep. I think I would be waiting for the price to drop then. Or maybe I will make another of my famous impulse purchase, because the Samsung 600 really really looks very sleek and professional... I want that image (don't think this would be a surprise to those who know me.)

And, on the spur of the festive spending instinct, we decided to book ourselves this suite at Oriental for new year's eve. This is really an indulgence, pure and simple. But I guess sometimes we get so bored with the same routine that we just want to do something different and exciting for once. Well, really looking forward to that, the more I think about it.

So there, this has been a most different distinctive Christmas Eve. I think the staying back in Singapore has really done me some good .. I feel rested, refreshed and happy ... don't even feel like starting school ... how i wish there's another week for me to slack .. have not prepared any real stuff yet for next year's work ... hmm ...

Well. will just really relax and enjoy this last week, and then will be recharged for next year. It will be a most challenging year .. with Sec 3 English on Tablet (exciting, but lots of work in preparing IT lessons), Sec 3 music (16 students, i think), and Sec 4 music (21 students, with 3 doing higher music - that's a new challenge)... and the band programme, the enterprise programme, research programme and other new programmes I will prob have to initiate and do .. well ... looks promising actually .. lots of things to do ...

Haha .. I managed to blog a personal life rambling entry, just as suggested by FY and griffie..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

url("http://www.blogblog.com/harbor/lighthouse.jpg") wrap { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/harbor/sky.jpg") repeat-x left top; min-width:740px; margin:0; padding:0; text-align:left; } wrap3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/harbor/cloud.jpg") no-repeat 100% 75px; } wrap4 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/harbor/center_cloud.jpg") no-repeat 50% 0; padding:15px; width:100%; width/* */:/**/auto; width: /**/auto; } Nicol Ngiam
Tan Wei Lie