Friday, June 02, 2006

Time to Sprint

Oh well, I finally changed the look of this blog. (Thanks nicol, for the tips on uploading and creating the picture banner etc.) Changed the colours, the main banner, the tone, the feel. Changed the title too; there's a greater sense of the present in this new name.

It's all part, or rather a culmination, of the clearing and throwing mode I am in now. Needed to break out of the routine, to refocus. So the day before, booked myself a ticket to Tokyo. Yup, looking forward to it - anticipating it now. In the midst of deciding on a hotel; it's quite convenient booking a hotel room online. Then, I have been clearing my table in school today ... everyone who knows me would have witnessed the glorious mess that perpetually reigns on my table. The mess only gets larger and expands in greater multitude as the term goes by. So, at the end of term now, it's time to throw, clear and get organised again. Interesting though, because each time I clear and pack my table, I can never find my stuff after that. It's as if my modus operandi is that of an organised mess (ok, this is an oxymoron), but that's how it is all the time.

So today, I spent the whole morning clearing, or rather attempting to clear, my shelves. Threw away quite a bit of documents from 2004 and 2005 (yes, i have accumulated lots of docus which i have not browsed for ages), and it's tedious work. Hopefully I can finish more of the clearing these next few days. It's amazing though, looking through the docus and realising the mind-boggling range of projects and stuff I was doing these years. But in a way, it's good going through them, because it sort of activates my dulled psyche again. Then, met up with mark and brose in the afternoon. Good conversation - much good has come out of it, i should say. It crystallised my thoughts on my work: past, current and future. And then brose asked bout that famous saga. It was a good conversation, putting things in perspective. It was quite frankly the first full unload after these months. Mark and brose are quite wise indeed, I should say. Good counsel. Most sincere thanks, truly, to both mark and ambrose today.

So now, I m feeling quite alive at this moment, and looking ahead. There is a time to sprint, and there is a time to stroll. They serve their different but necessary purposes - there is a time for everything. It's now time to sprint ahead again. Yup, it is time to move on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

url("http://www.blogblog.com/harbor/lighthouse.jpg") wrap { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/harbor/sky.jpg") repeat-x left top; min-width:740px; margin:0; padding:0; text-align:left; } wrap3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/harbor/cloud.jpg") no-repeat 100% 75px; } wrap4 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/harbor/center_cloud.jpg") no-repeat 50% 0; padding:15px; width:100%; width/* */:/**/auto; width: /**/auto; } Nicol Ngiam
Tan Wei Lie