Thursday, June 28, 2007

CH Events July August 2007 Return for the annual Get-togethers!

Time to do some publicity....
July and August - the traditional CH Get-together Months for old boys and current students.
The series of events and concerts/performances all of you guys can come back for are:

30 June Saturday Homecoming CH Campus @ Bishan Coupons available onsite
7 July Saturday CH Music Awards CH School Hall Tickets from iMedia
28 July Saturday CH Young Performers Showcase Victoria Concert Hall Tics $5 from me, or current/past music or performing arts groups students
3-4 Aug Fri/Sat CH Drama Festival Victoria Theatre Tickets from School General Office or me
7 Aug Tue (National Day Eve's Eve) Esplanade 'Limelite Series': CH Symphony Band Tickets at $15 (Student Concession) +$1 Ticket Charge available at http://www.sistic.com.sg/ or from me.

Right then, Come for ALL the performances and have an INTENSE, PACKED, VARIED and ROARING GOODTIME with your CH Brothers.

2 Comments:

Blogger HYLO said...

Hi there!

I was reading your blog site and it brings me down memory lane...are you an old boy at CH? I only figured you teach there, are in charge of the band and studied in HC.

Allow me some introduction. I am Hongyee. I studied in CH from 91-94. Played the trumpet in the then CHS Military Band. After that, I went to RJ and switched to the French Horn.

I have since lost touch with most of my band mates. But it is one of the best days in school - making music/ noise in the underground bandroom.

Our band instructors were - Mr Teo and then Mrs Wong. Not sure if you know them.

Anyway, it is real fun reading about the band again. I was in the batch whch organized the first Aesthetique in '94. We were sec 4 and it was held in the smal auditorium in CH, just behind the spectator gallery. It has come a long way since! And there is this limelite series I read, very interesting.

Cheers!

9:47 am  
Blogger edwinheng said...

hi hong yee, just read ur comments.

yup i m an old boy of cath high too. graduated in 1989. and yes, mr teo was our conductor too. u might know me or heard of me, because mr teo used to refer to me as as daoyang to you people, i think.

indeed, we have come a long way. we are still in the underground bandroom. and aesthetique going strong. just taking a break this year for the esplanade instead.

u might know fuwei? he's still in contact with many of the people round your batch, and with us. i also played in that 1st aesthetique, in the alumni band.. small audi,.. do come back to visit if u r free. victor tey has joined as teacher in charge too, also trumpet. u prob know him. mrs anna tan still in cath high too.

so, do visit when free. and catch u at esplanade?

3:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

url("http://www.blogblog.com/harbor/lighthouse.jpg") wrap { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/harbor/sky.jpg") repeat-x left top; min-width:740px; margin:0; padding:0; text-align:left; } wrap3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/harbor/cloud.jpg") no-repeat 100% 75px; } wrap4 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/harbor/center_cloud.jpg") no-repeat 50% 0; padding:15px; width:100%; width/* */:/**/auto; width: /**/auto; } Nicol Ngiam
Tan Wei Lie